Dental Implants Newport News VA dentist Dr. Griffin wants to test patients on their knowledge of dental implants with some fun questions about the process and procedure.
- How long does the process of osseointegration last normally?
- True or false. Dental implants can restore the alveolar bone over time.
- Can dental implants last longer than dentures?
- True or false. Patients can receive animal bone to utilize in a bone graft.
- What manufactured element comprises dental implants?
- True or False. The crown is created with tooth- colored porcelain.
- Can missing teeth lead to gum disease and/ or heart, brain issues?
- What is the fixture called that connects the crown to the dental implant?
- Do dental implants require special maintenance?
- True or False. Gum disease is a common side effect of missing teeth.
Why Dental Implants
Dental implants are the only tooth loss solution that are able to function just as well, if not better, than the real teeth. Through a process called osseointegration, dental implants invent the opportunity for patients to regain the strength of their remaining teeth and even gum tissue over time. With each bite that a patient with dental implants takes, all parts of the oral system have the capability to regenerate and prosper. As the titanium alloy integrates into the jawbone, the patient is able to regain control of their bite and mastication processes and achieve a better and more comfortable experience eating.
- 4-6 months generally.
- True, dental implants regenerate the need for the alveolar bone which can work to physically restore it over time.
- Yes, dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care. Dentures require replacement dentures every 5-10 years.
- True, patients have the option to utilize foreign animal bone instead of their own to rebuild their jawbone structures.
- Titanium alloy.
- Yes, the inflammation created in the infected gums can travel through the bloodstream into the heart ventricles and brain tissues and cause life- threatening diseases.
- The abutment.
- No, dental implants only require the same amount of maintenance that natural teeth deserve.
Want to learn more? Visit our Dental Implant Newport News VA page.
Call us Today to Schedule a Consultation.
If you answered any of these questions correctly, congratulations you are dental implants expert! If not, you may need to brush up on your facts and consider receiving dental implants if you are missing a tooth, teeth or have unhealthy teeth that need to be replaced. Call us today to schedule your dental implants consultation with Dr. Griffin at (757) 745-1003.